Friday, March 02, 2007

The Dog Returns

Well, I'm back in Liaoyang. I caught a 'Sleeper' bus from Beijing today (that's a story for another time). It's as grey and dusty as I remember it being, though I had forgotten about that lingering smell of gasoline that pervades the air. The dull clap of fireworks is more or less constant (as expected) but on the upside they've festooned the town with coloured lights for New Years which is kind of pretty.

Various tales of Beijing will be told in due time for anyone who is interested (along with several billion photos)

For now I am going to feast on a dinner of Popcorn and Beer (contents of my fridge, beer excluded: Expired Cream cheese, Mustard, Gherkins, Hot Sauce).

In my absence this monstrosity seems to have materialised in my bedroom:

IMG_0736

Current theories maintain that it is either a plywood wardrobe Tardis, or a piece of excess furniture that somebody didn't know what to do with and so decided that the laowai might like it even though he already has a closet that is too big for his five articles of clothing.


Last but not least:

IMG_0737

I missed you baby. Now to get onto those 500 Windows Security updates that have accrued in my absence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Son. Missed your presence on here and was getting a bit worried (as mothers do) and glad to know you are back safe and sound.
Did you see Alistair found your blog?
Look forward to hearing about your trip. Talk to you soon.
Luv ya
Ma xxx