Saturday, July 07, 2007

Closer...

A brief update to confirm my aliveness.

I don't have time to get into the last few days in depth, but they included several trains, an unscheduled stopover in Guangzhou, some Canadians, a bunch of Guiness, a mad dash to a train that a taxi driver swore I wouldn't catch (you don't need to speak Cantonese to understand 'haha you're screwed buddy') and, after a very poor sleep in a crowded carriage, my arrival here in Nanning, where its just after 5am and already about 30 degrees.

In just over an hour, I catch yet another train to a place called Pingxiang, which is near, but not actually on, the Vietnamese border. THere's another bus or taxi involved there, then a 600m walk apparently.

It turns out that travelling alone, overland through southern China in July is kind of a hassle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there was a coma between some Canadians and Guiness...any reason?

Ben said...

yeah, well thanks to your countrymen, I totally washed out on all the scrimping I'd done in Hong Kong.

Anonymous said...

glod bless us, everyone...

Anonymous said...

glod bless us, everyone...