Friday, July 13, 2007

Da Nang It!

Travels will be explained in further detail when time allows, but for now:

Well I made it out of craaaaaazy Hanoi, city of 3.5 million people, and 3 million motorcycles, but not before seeing various museums detailing how the Vietnamese have taken on the Koreans, Japanese, French, and of course Americans and kicked ass. Plane wreckage sculpture abounds and I saw John McCain's flight suit and tin of throat lozenges.

Then I stayed on a boat in Ha Long bay for three days, kayaking and swimming and climbing unreasonably large hills for no good reason. It was all pretty spectacular.

One pretty damn uncomfortable overnight train ride later (apparently in Vietnam, as opposed to China, when they say Hard Sleeper, they mean Hard Sleeper) I'm in Da Nang, home of China Beach (My Khe) upon which I hope to be relaxing in about an hours time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben,

I have been looking for your contact details but couldn't find any on your blog.

can you drop me an email?

Thanks and best regards,

Doron
d.vermaat(at)newchinacareer.com

Diana said...

i think i giggled at that blog title for too long, i'm up early. that is my excuse.

Ben said...

you were a key inspiration.